Monday, September 29, 2008

I Love Fall






















I love living in a state that has four seasons.....my favorite is fall. I love the colors of the leaves and the crunch they make as I walk through them with my dog. I love my street when it is covered in leaves and the trees on either side create a tunnel of color to drive through. The smell of fall leaves always takes me back to my elementary years of jumping into large piles with my friends and then burrowing down into them to hide from the boys hoping that they would come find us.
I love the cool, crisp air. I can turn on the oven and bake my fall favorites filling my house with the aroma of cinnimon or even better chocolate.
I love rotating into my fall wardrobe...I love the feel of my favorite sweatshirt all cozy and warm.
But most of all, I love the fall holidays..I love to decorate with fall leaves and pumpkins and scary skeletons and ghosts. I love the flickering light that the candles make when the sun goes down early.
I love Thanksgiving when family all get together and I get to cook all of my favorite holiday recipes. I love the look on my family's faces when they come to the Thanksgiving table to feast together. That is what I like the most about fall...being with my family and enjoying all the season has to offer.

No comments: