Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back To School


Wow!!! Summer went way too fast!

School has started. It was a very strange feeling to take my oldest son, Tyler and drop him off at high school. There is no way I am old enough to have a high schooler. The icing on the cake:? He attends Layton High, the same high school I attended 20 years ago. The halls, the office, the gym, the lunchroom, the auditorium, even the band room are all the same....except that they have just begun construction. It will all change soon. Tyler came home from school the first day so excited. He loved his classes....but what he loved most of all was that he could leave the school for lunch AND they had a whole hour. Dez, a family friend, picked up Tyler and some of his friends and they drove around and eventually ate at Dans. Now he has me pack home lunches and he crosses the street and eats at Layton Park with his friends.

Brandon, started Jr. High. I no longer have any elementary students. He came home a little dazed. I think having seven classes was an eye opener. He is not thrilled by the amount of homework but is doing well in spite of the load. His favorite part of school is the vending machines and lunch! He says its "way better" than elementary school.

I started school too. I left my job at the elementary school and transfered over to the Jr. High as the Lab Manager. It has been more of an adjustment than I expected it to be. I enjoy it, but the kids are so different. The elementary kids were always so eager to see me and tell me about their adventures. I feel a little invisible over at the Jr. High. The kids are nice, but not quite so eager to associate with me. I do enjoy them though...they are quirky! I am getting to know the teachers and the layout of the school. The first day of school, I had several seventh graders come up and ask me where classrooms were and I was as lost as they were.

So far so good. I think it is going to be a great year!

No comments: