Monday, April 13, 2009

Sweet Sixteen - And Don't Forget the !


So Tyler turned 16. I am not sure why I am having such a hard time with this birthday. It could be that he will now be able to drive or that he is now able to date. I think the real reason is that it just brings him one year closer to being independent. I only cried a couple of times....and he was prewarned not to worry about it if I suddenly broke into tears...so he didn't panic when I did.
In fact we kinda laughed. I didn't want to embarrass him on his Facebook page so I just wrote a quick "Happy Birthday Tyler." I got a response from him that said, "So enthusiastic mom, thanks anyway. Ha ha" So as he showered...I went back up to the computer and wrote a mushy gushy letter to him on his wall and told him everything that I wanted to say- right on his wall where all his friends could read it too. When he came back up, of course I was crying. He patted me on the back and went back to the computer and laughed when he read what I wrote.
He came back in to talk to me after he had read his wall. He laughed and told me that was more like it. He told me that when I told him Happy Birthday I had only put a period... not and exclamation point.
Happy Birthday Tyler! I love you!!!


No comments: